Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs Tips - Back Demons to cover in AFL Grand Final20 Sep 2021 Read more
Essendon vs GWS Giants Tips - Over total points expected
- Round 19 concludes at Metricon Stadium on Sunday
- Essendon are coming off back-to-back wins
- The Giants have lost 2 in a row and 3 of 4
- The Giants beat the Bombers in Round 8
Essendon and GWS are expected to go over the total points market. ( Mark Metcalfe/AFL Photos via Getty Images)
A difficult game to tip to finish off the round with finals repercussions on the line for both teams. The Giants (7-9-1, 30 points) have won six of the last seven against the Bombers (8-9, 32 points), entering as favourite in all seven, while the Bombers have covered the line in five of their last six meetings. With this in mind, we will play the total points.
When these two met in Round 8 it was the Giants that were victorious by 2 points, but it was the total points that were eye-opening coming to 212 with both teams kicking over 100 points.
Eight of the Giants’ last 10 games have gone overs with seven of those going over the current line of 162.5 points, while Essendon remains the team that plays in the highest scoring games in the competition averaging 172.8 per game.
Since Round 10 the Giants concede the second most points in the competition averaging 85.3 points against, and with Essendon being the third highest scoring team this season averaging 88.3 points we can expect another shootout on Sunday evening going over the 163.5 total points.
Best Bet: Over 163.5 Total Points @-113.64 at BetMGM - 1 Unit
24 September 2021
25 September 2021
26 September 2021
27 September 2021
28 September 2021
28 May 2022
- South Sydney Rabbitohs v Manly Sea Eagles
- Melbourne Storm v Penrith Panthers
- Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs
- Chelsea v Man City
- Man Utd v Aston Villa
- Leicester v Burnley
- Brentford v Liverpool
- Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk
- Valentina Shevchenko vs Lauren Murphy
- Nick Diaz vs. Robbie Lawler
- Alexander Volkanovski vs Brian Ortega
- Arsenal v Tottenham