Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs Tips - Back Demons to cover in AFL Grand Final20 Sep 2021 Read more
Geelong Cats vs Richmond Tips - Cats by 1-25 points
- Round 19 fixture to be held at MCG on Sunday
- Geelong have won three in a row
- Richmond are coming off a win to halt a four-game skid
- The Cats walloped the Tigers in Round 8
The Cats and Tigers go at it again in Round 19. (Quinn Rooney/Getty Images)
It doesn’t matter where or how this game is being played, Geelong should be able to beat Richmond on Sunday.
The politics of this being played at an empty MCG rather than an empty Cattery is just proof that the AFL fixture is the most commercially compromised schedule in world sport.
The silver lining, it’s a hit out at the ‘G for the Cats before the finals.
Geelong appears to be getting back into the groove before the business end, and they did easily dispose of the Tigers at the same ground by 10 goals a few weeks back.
Richmond, on the other hand, got it done in Jack’s 300th and showed some signs that the Tigers still have a bit of talent, but the news that Dustin Martin will miss the rest of the season doesn’t help.
Having said that, expect Richmond to put up a fight here on Sunday and it shouldn’t be anything like what we saw a few weeks back.
Geelong blasted Richmond 126-63 in their Round 8 duel at the MCG last May.
24 September 2021
25 September 2021
26 September 2021
27 September 2021
28 September 2021
28 May 2022
- South Sydney Rabbitohs v Manly Sea Eagles
- Melbourne Storm v Penrith Panthers
- Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs
- Chelsea v Man City
- Man Utd v Aston Villa
- Leicester v Burnley
- Brentford v Liverpool
- Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk
- Valentina Shevchenko vs Lauren Murphy
- Nick Diaz vs. Robbie Lawler
- Alexander Volkanovski vs Brian Ortega
- Arsenal v Tottenham