Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs Tips - Back Demons to cover in AFL Grand Final20 Sep 2021 Read more
Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs Tips - Hawks backed to cover in Tasmania
- Round 22 fixture scheduled at UTAS on Saturday
- The Hawks have won back-to-back games
- The Bulldogs are coming off a loss that snapped their 3-game winning run
The Hawks are tipped to cover against the Bulldogs in Tasmania. (Daniel Pockett/Getty Images)
The fresh Tasmanian air might be just what the doctor ordered for the Bulldogs.
A sloppy fourth quarter proved costly against the Bombers last week as the Dogs now find themselves two points adrift from the minor premiership.
Fortunately, there’s still enough time for the Bulldogs to leapfrog Melbourne and return to the top of the table, but this week’s clash against a fiery Hawthorn side looks far from a given.
Winners of two straight, Hawthorn has been playing with a renewed sense of urgency and vigour ever since the Alastair Clarkson bombshell rocked the footy world.
The Hawks have combined to score 29 goals across their last two games in Tassie, lifting them well clear of the dreaded wooden spoon with two games to play.
Luke Beveridge can rest a little easier knowing his side has thumped the Hawks in their last two meetings, but this still shapes as an interesting period for the Dogs after star forward Josh Bruce suffered a season-ending knee injury last week.
The Bulldogs are a perfect 7-0 following a previous loss over the last 12 months, so the chances of them losing this game seem low.
24 September 2021
25 September 2021
26 September 2021
27 September 2021
28 September 2021
28 May 2022
- South Sydney Rabbitohs v Manly Sea Eagles
- Melbourne Storm v Penrith Panthers
- Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs
- Chelsea v Man City
- Man Utd v Aston Villa
- Leicester v Burnley
- Brentford v Liverpool
- Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk
- Valentina Shevchenko vs Lauren Murphy
- Nick Diaz vs. Robbie Lawler
- Alexander Volkanovski vs Brian Ortega
- Arsenal v Tottenham