How to bet on baseball07 Jul 2021 Read more
Chicago Cubs at Chicago White Sox Tips - Over total runs expected in Windy City derby
- Interleague game set at Guaranteed Rate Field on Friday night (01:10 BST Saturday)
- The White Sox swept their 3-game series against the Cubs earlier this month
- The White Sox (74-55) have won 2 of their last 3 games
- The Cubs (56-73) are coming off a loss to the Colorado Rockies
- Keegan Thompson (CHC) and Dallas Keuchel (CWS) are the starting pitchers
Dallas Keuchel (Julio Aguilar/Getty Images)
We’ve got another edition of the Crosstown Cup between the White Sox and Cubs starting Saturday, and I think we could be in for some runs in Game 1.
Keegan Thompson (3-3) might be a potential future rotation piece for the Cubs, but since he’s spent most of the season working out of the bullpen. I think this shapes as a long day for the rookie in just his third start.
Likewise, right-hander Dallas Keuchel (8-7) has given up 14 earned runs in four starts this month as he continues to struggle for command. The 2015 AL Cy Young Award winner lost his last start and has a 1-3 record this month.
The AL Central-best White Sox (74-55) head home after posting a 10-7 win at Toronto on Thursday to level their four-game series. Luis Robert smacked a two-run homer to lead the White Sox to just their second win in six games.
The Cubs (56-73), meanwhile, are coming off a 13-10 home loss to the Colorado Rockies after winning the first two games of the series. They are ranked next-to-bottom in the NL Central, just ahead of the Pittsburgh Pirates.
The White Sox swept their three-game series against the Cubs at Wrigley Field earlier this month.
21 January 2022
22 January 2022
23 January 2022