How to bet on baseball07 Jul 2021 Read more
St. Louis Cardinals at Milwaukee Brewers Tips - Back Cards to win
- The Cardinals and Brewers open their 3-game series at American Family Field on Friday (01:10 BST Saturday)
- Brewers lead season series 5-4
- The Cardinals are coming off a loss to the Reds
- The Brewers are out to bounce back after their 4-game winning streak was snapped by the Giants
- Starting pitchers are Adam Wainwright (STL) and Freddy Peralta (MIL)
Fans tailgate at American Family Field prior to a game between the Milwaukee Brewers and the Chicago Cubs on April 12, 2021 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, this is the first game fans were allowed to tailgate this season. (Stacy Revere/Getty Images)
The Cardinals are beginning to make some noise again in the NL Wild Card standings after winning two-from-three against the Reds earlier in the week.
They are currently ranked third in the NL Central with a 68-64. Adam Wainwright (13-7) has been a big reason for the Redbirds’ turnaround, and I think they represent some real value with the veteran righty on the mound on Saturday.
Wainwright has allowed only nine earned runs in his last seven starts, while he’s also piled up 44 strikeouts during that same time frame.
The Brewers are comfortably at the NL Central summit with an 82-53 record, 10 games ahead of the Reds. They are aiming to bounce back after their four-game winning run ended at San Francisco on Thursday.
Freddy Peralta (9-3) has pitched to a tidy 2.45 ERA himself this season, but the fact he’s missed a couple of starts due to injury makes him a little suspect.
16 October 2021
17 October 2021
18 October 2021
19 October 2021
28 May 2022