How to bet on baseball07 Jul 2021 Read more
Washington Nationals at Miami Marlins Tips - Back Nats to triumph
- Game 2 of 3-game series set at loanDepot park on Wednesday (00:10 BST Thursday)
- The Nationals won Tuesday's opener 5-1 to snap a 2-game skid
- Washington won 8 of previous 11 meetings against Miami this season
- The Marlins have lost their last 8 outings
- Starting pitchers are Josiah Gray (WAS) and Edward Cabrera (MIA)
The Nationals are aiming for another win over the Marlins on Wednesday night. (Michael Reaves/Getty Images)
This is a meaningless divisional game as far as the NL East standings are concerned, but it is a meaningful one from a fan perspective as 23-year-old Marlins right-hander Edward Cabrera makes his Major League debut.
Cabrera has posted double-digit strikeouts in his last two starts at AAA, but unfortunately, he meets a Washington lineup on Thursday that ranks sixth in the league in runs scored over the last seven days.
On the flip side, Josiah Gray (0-1) has found some real form over the last month allowing a combined nine earned runs across his last seven starts to go with a whopping 28 strikeouts.
The Nationals beat the Marlins 5-1 in the opener of their three-game series at loanDepot park on Tuesday evening. Tres Barrera and Ryan Zimmerman each homered and drove in two runs apiece to lead help Washington snap a two-game skid.
The Nationals improved to 54-70 while the NL East-worst Marlins dropped to 51-75.
24 October 2021
28 May 2022