How to bet on basketball08 Jul 2021 Read more
Milwaukee Bucks at Phoenix Suns Game 1 Tips
- Milwaukee Bucks at Phoenix Suns meet in Game 1 at Phoenix Suns Arena
- Phoenix are favourites to win NBA Finals
- Suns tipped to take Game 1
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Phoenix host Milwaukee for Game 1 of the NBA Finals (Getty Images)
Milwaukee Bucks at Phoenix Suns Tips
Phoenix can draw first blood in the 2021 NBA Finals.
The Suns have been strong at home in the postseason and went 2-0 in regular season meetings with Milwaukee.
Phoenix are also at full strength while Milwaukee are likely to be without star man Giannis Antetokounmpo.
The Suns can take advantage of that to win Game 1 of the NBA Finals.
- Phoenix Suns are 6-2 at home in the playoffs so far
- Phoenix Suns have won Game 1 in all 3 of their playoff series so far
- Phoenix Suns were 2-0 vs Milwaukee Bucks during the regular season
- Phoenix Suns’ Devin Booker is averaging 27 points per game in the playoffs
- Phoenix Suns’ Deandre Ayton is averaging 11.8 rebounds & 16.2 points per game in the playoffs
- Milwaukee Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo is expected to miss the first few games
- Giannis Antetokounmpo is Milwaukee’s top scorer (28.1 ppg) & rebounder (11.0 rpg)
- Milwaukee have a 101.9 defensive rating with Giannis but a 107.1 rating without him
- Milwaukee Bucks defensive rebound percentage drops from 79.6 to 69.3 without Giannis
Head To Head
- Phoenix Suns lead the all-time series 75-73
- Milwaukee Bucks lead the all-time playoff series 2-0
Milwaukee Bucks Form & Team News
Milwaukee swept Miami in round one but were made to work for their wins over Brooklyn and Atlanta.
The Bucks bounced back from losing Game 1 against both the Nets and the Hawks to record 4-2 series victories, sealing each series win on the road.
Their series win over Atlanta was particularly impressive as they won Games 5 & 6 despite losing their best player, Giannis Antetokounmpo to injury.
Giannis is the team’s top scorer, averaging 28.1 points per game, and the team’s top rebounder, averaging 11.0 boards per game.
He is expected to miss Game 1 of the series with his knee injury and that piles the pressure on Khris Middleton, Jrue Holiday and Brook Lopez to deliver in his absence.
Middleton is averaging 23.4 points per game in the postseason, while Holiday has notched 52 points and 22 rebounds over his past two games.
Phoenix Suns Form & Team News
Phoenix swept Denver in round two but had a few more issues dispatching the two Los Angeles teams either side of that series.
The Suns fought back from 2-1 down to win 3 straight games and oust the defending champion Lakers in Round 1.
They then took the first 2 games of the Western Conference Finals, only to lose 2 of the next 3 to let the Clippers back into it. They wrapped it up in Game 6 though, winning in LA.
Phoenix have had a couple of injury issues during the postseason but could go into this game with a clean bill of health.
Devin Booker, in his playoff debut, is averaging 27.0 points per game, and he has recorded a couple of double doubles and a first career triple double along the way.
Deandre Ayton, also making his postseason debut, has racked up 11 double doubles so far, and he is averaging 16.2 points & 11.8 rebounds per game.
Veteran Chris Paul continues to play a pivotal role too, averaging 16.4 points & 8.9 assists per game.
Milwaukee Bucks at Phoenix Suns FAQs
Where can I watch the Milwaukee Bucks at Phoenix Suns live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Milwaukee Bucks at Phoenix Suns live stream.
29 July 2021
30 July 2021