Watford vs Liverpool Tips - Back Reds to triumph13 Oct 2021 Read more
Espanyol vs Real Madrid Tips - Expect Los Blancos to bounce back
- La Liga Week 8 fixture will be held at RCDE Stadium on Sunday (15:15 BST)
- Real Madrid settle for a goalless draw against Villareal in their last La Liga game
- Real Madrid were upset at home by Sheriff in the Champions League in their last outing
- Espanyol lost at Sevilla in the last round
- Real Madrid won at Espanyol 1-0 in their last meeting
- Real Madrid have won their last 4 meetings against Espanyol
Karim Benzema (Gonzalo Arroyo Moreno/Getty Images)
La Liga leaders Real Madrid are still to really find their best form this season and were left frustrated by Saturday's 0-0 draw at home to Villarreal.
This was followed by a humiliating 2-1 home loss to Sheriff Tiraspol in the Champions League last Tuesday. The Moldovan club took the lead in the first half before Karim Benzema equalised with a penalty in the 65th minute. However, Sebastien Thill struck a minute from time to silence the crowd at Santiago Bernabeu.
Carlo Ancelotti will expect a much better performance against an Espanyol side who won their last home game against Alaves but are coming off a 2-0 loss at Sevilla in the previous round.
Espanyol have only beaten Real once since 2007 and the visitors will be confident of winning away from home in La Liga for the fourth time this season.
16 October 2021
17 October 2021
18 October 2021
19 October 2021
28 May 2022
Latest tips news
Easy WinManchester City vs Burnley Tips - Back City to triumph14 Oct 2021 Read more
StalemateLeicester City vs Manchester United Tips - Draw tipped for this match13 Oct 2021 Read more
BTTSBrentford vs Chelsea Tips - BTTS backed14 Oct 2021 Read more
Draw BackedEverton vs West Ham United Tips - Stalemate expected13 Oct 2021 Read more