Watford vs Norwich City Tips - 5 best bets and predictions19 Jan 2022 Read more
Espanyol vs Real Madrid Tips - Expect Los Blancos to bounce back
- La Liga Week 8 fixture will be held at RCDE Stadium on Sunday (15:15 BST)
- Real Madrid settle for a goalless draw against Villareal in their last La Liga game
- Real Madrid were upset at home by Sheriff in the Champions League in their last outing
- Espanyol lost at Sevilla in the last round
- Real Madrid won at Espanyol 1-0 in their last meeting
- Real Madrid have won their last 4 meetings against Espanyol
Karim Benzema (Gonzalo Arroyo Moreno/Getty Images)
La Liga leaders Real Madrid are still to really find their best form this season and were left frustrated by Saturday's 0-0 draw at home to Villarreal.
This was followed by a humiliating 2-1 home loss to Sheriff Tiraspol in the Champions League last Tuesday. The Moldovan club took the lead in the first half before Karim Benzema equalised with a penalty in the 65th minute. However, Sebastien Thill struck a minute from time to silence the crowd at Santiago Bernabeu.
Carlo Ancelotti will expect a much better performance against an Espanyol side who won their last home game against Alaves but are coming off a 2-0 loss at Sevilla in the previous round.
Espanyol have only beaten Real once since 2007 and the visitors will be confident of winning away from home in La Liga for the fourth time this season.
21 January 2022
22 January 2022
23 January 2022
Latest tips news
DrawEverton vs Aston Villa Tips - 5 best bets and predictions18 Jan 2022 Read more
Man U WinManchester United vs West Ham United Tips - 5 best bets and predictions20 Jan 2022 Read more
DeadlockBrentford vs Wolverhampton Tips - 5 best bets and predictions20 Jan 2022 Read more
Whites to triumph anewLeeds United vs Newcastle United Tips - 5 best bets and predictions19 Jan 2022 Read more