West Ham vs Tottenham Tips - Spurs expected to beat Hammers24 Oct 2021 Read more
Chelsea vs Manchester City Tips - Back Blues to win
- EPL Week 6 match will be held at Stamford Bridge on Saturday (12:30 BST)
- This is a rematch of the 2021 Champions League final won by Chelsea 1-0
- Chelsea have won their last 3 meetings against Man City
- Chelsea have won their last 4 matches in all competitions
- Chelsea posted a 3-0 win at Tottenham in the previous round
- Man City settled for a goalless draw at home against Southampton in their last Premier League match
- Man City are coming off a 6-1 rout of Wycombe Wanderers in the EFL Cup
Timo Werner (Susan Vera - Pool/Getty Images)
Since his appointment as Chelsea boss, Thomas Tuchel has had Pep Guardiola’s number winning all three matches between the clubs in the second half of last season.
It is perhaps the only reason why his side will enter this match as the slightest of favourites, putting City in the very unfamiliar position of underdogs.
What was most impressive about those wins was the way Tuchel’s side was able to neutralise City’s normally lethal attack. Chelsea and Man City last played each other in the Champions League final in May with the Blues posting a 1-0 win in Porto.
Chelsea are upbeat heading into this match-up after beating Aston Villa on penalties in Round 3 of the Carabao Cup on Wednesday. Timo Werner scored in regular time while Reece James nailed the winning goal in the decider as the Blues extended their winning streak in all competitions to four matches.
Chelsea cruised to a 3-0 win at Tottenham in their last Premier League match to seize the top spot in the table with 13 points from five matches.
Man City also advanced in the Carabao Cup after thrashing Wycombe 6-1 at Etihad Stadium on Tuesday. Riyad Mahrez struck twice while Phil Foden, Kevin De Bruyne, Ferran Torres and Cole Palmer added a goal each as the Citizens came back from a goal down to make it a rout.
City settled for a goalless draw against visiting Southampton in their last Premier League fixture. They are currently ranked fifth in the table with 10 points.
24 October 2021
28 May 2022
Latest tips news
Draw in BrentfordBrentford vs Leicester Tips - Draw predicted22 Oct 2021 Read more
BTTS in El ClasicoBarcelona vs Real Madrid Tips - BTTS in El Clasico24 Oct 2021 Read more
DeadlockManchester United vs Liverpool Tips - Draw expected at Old Trafford22 Oct 2021 Read more