How to bet on Rugby League09 Jul 2021 Read more
Melbourne Storm vs Parramatta Eels Tips - Storm expected to cover as they seek record winning streak
- NRL Round 24 game set at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday
- The Eels beat the Storm 16-12 in Round 2
- The Eels are one of two teams to beat the Storm this season
- The Storm have won 19 straight games to match the NRL record for longest winning streak
- Another win will allow the Storm to eclipse the feat of the 1975 Eastern Suburbs Roosters
- The Eels also won their last game to snap a 4-game skid
The Storm will try to avenge their earlier defeat to the Eels and set a new league record for longest winning streak. (Cameron Spencer/Getty Images)
The Storm appear well on their way to securing another minor premiership as they gear up for a revenge game against the Eels on Saturday night.
Parramatta prevailed 16-12 when these two sides met back in Round 2, a result that largely kick-started Melbourne’s ongoing 19-game winning streak to match the all-time league record set by the 1975 Eastern Suburbs Roosters.
A win this week and a Panthers loss would be enough to secure the minor premiership, while the Eels still hold top four hopes despite only one win from their last five games.
Parramatta finally snapped its four-game losing skid with a big win over the Cowboys last week, but like the betting line suggests, this is a much tougher Storm outfit than the one they faced earlier in the year.
Making matters worse, Eels winger Maika Sivo is set to miss this game with a knee injury, while the Storm could see Justin Olam and Brandon Smith return to the side.
21 January 2022
22 January 2022
23 January 2022