Euro 2020 Semi-Final Odds & Tournament Winner Latest07 Jul 2021 Read more
Belinda Bencic vs Arantxa Rus Tips - Bencic to cover alternative handicap
- Women's Singles Round 1 match is set on Tuesday (17:30 BST)
- Bencic is coming off a quarterfinal finish in the Cincinnati Open
- Bencic won a gold medal in the recent Tokyo Olympics
- Rus won the ITF W60 San Bartolome De Tirajana in her last tournament
- Bencic has a 2-0 head-to-head record against Rus
Belinda Bencic (Dylan Buell/Getty Images)
Swiss Belinda Bencic enters this with a Gold Medal in her pocket winning after winning at the Tokyo Olympics which included three top-20 scalps.
Her good form continued at the Cincinnati Masters reaching the Quarter Final, and is a good chance of featuring in the second week here at Flushing Meadows.
Her first-round opponent is Arantxa Rus, ranked 71st in the world. The Dutchwoman enters this winning her last 10 matches, but all on clay. She’s 2-6 on hard courts in 2021, and with no hard court lead up she will find this difficult against the Swiss.
24 October 2021
28 May 2022